Spider veins can be defined as Damaged, minor veins that are visible on the surface of the face or legs. They aren’t harmful or painful but people consider treating and getting rid of it quickly. The appearance of these veins disturbs the appearance and is well-thought-out as serious awkwardness. Spider veins are usually purple, blue, or red and appear as thin webs, branches or lines. They are also called as thread veins.
Causes for spider vein
When the valves in the leg cease working, the result is spider veins. Veins are responsible for transporting the blood back to the heart. Venous insufficiency happens when valves in the veins do not function properly. They usually are a one-way valve, which closes once blood drives through it and avert it from flowing backwards. When this valve is impaired, weakened, the blood finds it challenging to flow in the right way resulting in a pool in the interior of the veins. As time passes a bulge in veins can be noticed called spider veins. The other key reasons that result in varicose and spider veins are
- Job categories that involve more standing such as teachers, nurses, factory workers, hairstylists, etc.
- Usage of birth control pills
- Puberty, pregnancy, menopause hormonal influences
- Enhanced pressure in the abdomen such as constipation, tumours, and external garments like girdles.
Treatment for spider veins
If any individual suspects to have spider veins, then consulting an expert vein consultation centre can be the right start. In that manner, Rejuveination is an experienced centre working mainly for vein related issues. They offer several solutions for such vein related issues and recover patients quickly.
- Sclerotherapy: This treatment involves injecting the vein with a solution and is a common treatment for spider veins. The injection irritates the vein’s wall. In the same way, various parts of the veins are injected. The main goal of the solution is to close the veins where blood is re-directed to healthier veins. The spider veins that are treated fades in a few weeks. In this treatment, the same vein needs injection more than once for a complete cure. When this procedure is done perfectly, it is found effective. There is no need for anaesthesia while Sclerotherapy is done and can be done in the doctor’s clinic.
- Laser surgery: In this treatment, the veins disappear and fade as strong bursts of light are sent into the veins. In this category of treatment, there are no needles or incisions used. Though the treatment is considered less effective than Sclerotherapy, many individuals follow this treatment.
- Radiofrequency ablation (RFA) or endovenous laser therapy (EVLT): These are a new form of treatment that replaces treatment involving surgery to get rid of the vein. The main chore of the treatment is that they work inside the vein and destroy it. For treating small varicose veins and spider veins, dermatologists make use of EVLT. For larger varicose veins, RFA is used. For this category of treatment, the following procedure takes place.
- The area to be treated is numbed with local anaesthesia. Swelling also occurs due to anaesthesia.
- The veins specialist then inserts a catheter (RFA) or laser fibre (EVLT) into the vein.
- The radiofrequency device is activated by the vein specialist that heats the vein that collapses it. There is no damage to the surrounding area.
- A compression stocking is placed on each leg after treatment.
- The patient is kept on observation for a time and can leave.
- Side effects can be avoided by wearing compression stockings and daily walks. For about a week or more the compression stockings are worn.
- Patients can return to daily duties and work the next day.
With RFA and EVLT, it takes about a year for veins to disappear. It is recommended to opt for more than a treatment for better results.
4. Compression stockings: These compression stockings are a perfect way to move blood back to the heart. The stockings provide steady pressure and this helps in avoiding blood clots and reduces swellings in the lower leg. With this type of treatment, there are visible legs veins present to a certain level. The vein specialist is the one who analyses the legs and provides the appropriate stockings with the right pressure.
Such issues related to veins can be treated easily with specialised professionals at rejuveination. They follow specialised vein treatments and offer patients with true prodigious results. They follow long-lasting, quick and proven treatment for patients suffering from spider and varicose veins. They offer quality treatment as they are experienced in this field. The team of experts assists the patients with their skilled knowledge in identifying and opting for the right treatment. Patients who desire to undergo spider vein treatment can run through the sites and book an appointment.